Friday, April 24, 2009

On Board for Learning

Recently, I was on the morning express train going to work and wondering what values I espouse in life. This is not the first time I mused on this thought - it always comes to my mind whenever I read leadership books. Actually, when I was reading the book titled 'The Leadership Challenge', I almost put pen to paper to document my top five values. It did not happen but I still have a plan to do that - one day, that is.

This time the taught was not going away so easily - as it happened many times before. So, after back and forth, much of it negating and commending myself, I arrived to one of my cherished values - it is learning or to be specific continuous learning. Hopefully, I will share my other values in due time.

Now thinking back, it was very apparent - not sure why it took me so long to say it out loud. All along, my subconscious mind knew this but it was in the 'locked door' for my conscious mind. Just to give you one obvious fact - I have been going to school for a long time; I have done under-graduate and graduate studies; recently, I finished my Ph.D. while working full-time and raising a beautiful family. What drove me so hard to go through the gruling process of conducting a Ph. D. research? Now it is clear, right? It is the quest for learning. Learning as in preparing myself for the future!

So, my plan it to continously prepare for the future - continous learning. Hence, starting this blog. I am not sure how often I will blog but I will try it out to enhance the learning process.

Happy Learning!

1 comment: